Sunday, March 24, 2013

Mom's Spaghetti

I have been on a super long break from blogging.  With the holidays, family, health issues and work I've been doing well to keep my head up at times.  Although I've been missing, I have been busy cooking and trying new things in the Hitchcock kitchen.  So lets get to it.

Tonight, I made one of my "Go To" recipes, Paula Deen's Baked Spaghetti.  Spaghetti has long been a staple meal.  Everyone I know has their own version and memories of this family favorite.  I know I had mine, it consisted of mom's spaghetti, nothing special but always yummy.  I had always made mom's spaghetti until I found this recipe.  I will never make any other spaghetti...

I promise you that this is just as easy as mom's spaghetti.  I love the sauce recipe so much that I've often used it for my lasagna.  Recipe calls for ground beef, but I have successfully made it with ground turkey and Italian sausage.  I'm not ashamed to say I have not purchased Paula Deen's seasonings and do not plan to.  Using your own works just as well.  Serve it with a salad, some garlic bread and family dinner is complete.  This recipe is both "fat man" and kid approved!

No comments:

Post a Comment