Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Freezer Full...

I have this dream of being able to serve hot, home cooked meals to my family every night. No dinner from a box or fast food in this house. I dream of fresh veggies, unprocessed meat and healthy servings. Now the fact of the matter is, I don't feel as if I'm dreaming "too big". I've been doing some research lately on freezing and crock pot recipes. My search led me to a post on Pinterest that led me to yet another great blog.
I'd like all of you to meet Jaima... she's someone I think I could be great friends with. Her blog is wonderful and full of lots of goodies, including her journey of freezing and crock pot recipes. It's thanks to her that tonight my family enjoyed and her recipe for "Teriyaki Chicken".
Today was the perfect day for it. I was home from work with Austin because he has strep and this gave me a great meal at the end of the day with very little effort. It also got me thinking that it would be wonderful to have a freezer full of healthy, home cooked meals for days when life is just too crazy. Jaima had lots of great ideas and I'm using some of hers and mixing with other resources to come up with things that I know will be "Fat Man Approved." I think we're going to need a bigger freezer.
So I challenge you... all of you, especially those that say life is just too busy to cook, to take the time to plan. Do it for your family...
FYI... tonight's dinner is both Fat Man and Kid approved. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment